So roughly two weeks ago AUT opened up for the RAW show which featured the work of art, design and fashion students. The talent in the exhibition blew me away a little bit. There were so many clever designs and interesting new ideas which were very inspiring to a non-graphic-designer. I collected a bag full of business cards, postcards and publications (only some of which is shown in this post..) and thought I'd share some of my favourites. Here's a little info about some of them:
- Briar Mark's work comments on handcraft versus graphic design and the processes of each
- Jane Park produced a book that explores mourning and loss. It has submissions about these experiences from anonymous contributors and their identity is signified by (the perfect metaphor for life & death) a lock of their hair
- Rochelle Vranjes created 6 rules to produce happy design by identifying elements of visual communication that evoke happiness in the viewer
- Tamsin Jane created a typeface using negative space and produced posters & wallpaper using her design
- Ashleigh Lara Hill explored the intricacy of a moment and produced a short film documenting specific moments and the details in them that we usually overlook
As you can tell I am as much impressed by the design as I am by the ideas that influenced them. So proud of my friends that exhibited - they are all ones to watch!