29/08/2011

Q Theatre - The new kid on the block


Slideshow v2 (24MB) MP4 from Q theatre on Vimeo.


Q, Auckland from Q theatre on Vimeo.

Yesterday I went to Q Theatre's Open Day and got a tour from the Big Cheese through the rehearsal space, storage rooms, theatre spaces (plural!), green rooms, bar, and cafe. I have been so excited about the opening of this new performance space and it is definitely worth the wait. The architecture (by Cheshire architects) is stunning and I'm not sure that any of the photos/videos do it justice so I urge you to check it out. There is far too much architecture/design speak I could ramble on and rave about.

They also have the most amazing chocolate cake with a berry/cream filling. And better yet they were so eager to please on their open day that when one of the waitors cut a "messy piece" (manager's words not mine) they gave us two instead! The cafe is open at normal cafe hours and is a couple of steps up from Uni so I'm sure I'm about to start a new bad habit. Currently looking at the upcoming shows to book my next theatre visit.

Q - Queen Street, Auckland x 

1 comment: